• Nishtha Pande
  • Nishtha Pande
  • |
  • 16 May
  • |
  • |
  • 27 Answers

text limit upto 4000

Hindi is the National Language of India.

• Voted By:
    • Himanshu ,
    • Annu

The problem with making Hindi as the national language of India is that in a hugely diverse nation like India only one language cannot be made the national language.
    Hindi can be said to be the native language of the states Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Chattisgarh. Which is only 5 states which means that the rest 24 states may not have Hindi as their native language. Even in these states the Hindi that we all know may not be spoken in the form that is widely in use. In Bihar they use the Bhojpuri dialect which I think is a bit different from Hindi. In Bihar the mother tongue of may people is also Maithili. Even in Chattisgarh they use a dialect known as Chattisgarhi. In Rajasthan they speak Rajasthani. The other states that have Hindi as their primary language may have a different dialect that has many different words and styles that sets it apart from the conventional Hindi. So Hindi doesn’t even have the exact advantage even in it’s home states.
    Now let’s come to states that have an Indo-Aryan language as their primary language. In these states most of the people in urban agglomerations do understand Hindi.That cannot be said about people in rural parts. So Hindi doesn’t even gain advantage here.
    Now let’s come to the states with Dravidian languages as their main language. In states like Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Karanataka people from urban parts do understand Hindi but not every one does. People with knowledge of Hindi in rural parts of these states are extremely less. In states like Tamil Nadu and Kerala there is even lesser penetration of Hindi.
    Even in the north eastern states the language is highly different from Hindi. So it would be unfair if Hindi is imposed on them as the national language.They would feel alienated and they would be at a linguistic disadvantage.There would be protests in all states due to this.Even in the northern states where Hindi is not the main language protests would be held which would cause a lot of damage to the harmony of the society.
    So it’s better if Hindi is kept the way it is as the Official language.

• Voted By:
    • A K

India is a secular country. Most states of India have their own language. Due to fear of partition Hindi is not considered as The National Language of India.

Hindi is the national language of India

hii

This is really unfortunate. I would like to share an incident here. I'm currently living in the UK for a short term project. One day I met a Sikh brother in a shop here. He started to talk to me in Hindi as soon as he recognized me as an Indian. I politely replied in English that I don't speak Hindi (I'm a Tamizh). That guy gave me a look which I'm not going to forgot for a long time. He started swearing at me saying that, "you are an Indian and don't you know your mother language (mother language??) ? And you people are not ashamed of this." While this conversation was going on, couple of Britons were watching us in the shop. He treated me like an anti-national just because I don't speak Hindi. At this point, I lost my patience and literally shouted at him (Can't accept he treats me like this) to get his facts right by doing some research about national language of India. But the guy never understood that. I won't say he discriminated me racially since because I don't know Hindi, he was too patriotic about India as much as his ignorance about the facts (in fact he is a UK citizen and I'm an Indian citizen). I would like to share a few of my thoughts to my brothers and sisters out there in this amazing platform.
    1. Just because I don't know Hindi, I'm not a non-patriotic Indian citizen. 
    2. I'm using English to talk with you not because I'm proud about British rule in India, but I consider English as just a medium to communicate. 
    3. I love Tamizh as much as you love Hindi and I'm not going to urge you to learn it or discriminate you if you don't. 
    4. I celebrate Kohli's bullet shots as much as you like Ashwin's wickets. 
    5. By all means we are Indians first, then Thamizhans.
    So c0ming back to the answer for this question, I would say that a few hindi speaking brothers are mixing language with patriotism which makes them feel non-Hindi speaking Indians are less patriotic. As VIJIN(Vishwajith) mentioned, it's because of false teaching in schools (Even till 8 th standard, I always thought that Hindi was our national language). It's just a matter of getting the facts right and that has to be done in root level of our education system.http://www.youth4work/nation

We use hindi on our regular basis and english is the demand for business, we have to adopt it and nothing else.

If the vote % of hindi in UNO (united nations orgination ) more and more 
    when hindi is national Language of India

It is National language of India.

because 60% of indian citizens are non Hindi speakres

As we all know that India is a multi culture country.It has a lot varity including multi language,multi culture,multi festival and most importantly India is a democratic country. every people is equal .So,giving special priority to any one specific language is not fair for other language.That's why Hindi is not considered the language of India.

Hindi sir

Hindi is our mothertongue so like it first but we can't anything without English.

Yes our national language is Hindi but without english its diffcult to survive in socity

following are a few reason for not considering Hindi the national language of India . 
    1) First and  foremost our mindset. People consider English as a  social status.
    2) English is an international language . So to get in touch with foreign countries we need a language used worldwide.

India has 22 official languages. Being Hindi on top in terms of speakers in India, it is expected to be considered as the National language but 21 languages have their speakers also. So Hindi is not the national language of India keeping in mind that we have to take care of whole population of India.

because india is full of people with different religious thoughts 

258 million people in India reported Hindi to be their native language. It became National Language of India

Yes .....

majority of people in India have accepted Hindi as a national language, there was nothing on record to suggest that any provision has been made or order issued declaring Hindi as a national language of the country.

Did Not Get The Answer? 
Contact people of Talent-Hindi Language directly from here

Hindi Language