A great question indeed. As today many countries including INDIA is a major victim of terrorism. Many innocent lives end. The circumstances are that we are not safe in our own home. Isn't it horrifying?
Terrorists mean to frighten and therefore scare a wider crowd, such as a rival ethnic or religious group, an entire country and its political control, or the entire international community. Do you want to BLAME or take the NAME of any particular country? Then YES, you can, because now the US also believes so.
To understand this we must know WHY TERRORISM
1. Extreme Poverty
5. Extremism & Sectarianism
6. Weak Social Bonds
7. Political Instability
8. Institutional Evasions
9. Anathema of Social Injustice
10. Social Imbalance & Regional Disparities
11. The proliferation of Weapon of Mass Destruction
Controlling terrorism then becomes very simple- Firstly- ask 'how to create peace?
' instead of 'how to control/overcome terrorism?'. When you ask "how to create peace?" you put your focus on peace and that becomes your field of attention rather than 'terror or terrorism'.
The ways can be:-
1. Uniform Opportunity Mechanism- Let them do what they want to do with their lives rather than giving them guns in tender age, and give them fake lessons in the name of GOD.
3. Role of Mass Media
5. Alleviation of Poverty
6. Role of International & Regional Organizations
7. The policy of Dialogue & Political Engagement
8. Restoration of Writ of State
9. Combating Religious Militancy
10. National Consensus
11. Effective National Security Strategy
12. Global Cooperation
13. The atmosphere of Strategic Reconciliation
14. Choking Supplies of Financial Oxygen
15. Development Based on Equality & justice.
And the best of all:: Use Sir Narendra Modi's definition and strategy.