You should check your website on a regular basis for Technical SEO issues and to improve it to a Technically sound and user-friendly website follow the below 8 essential tips :
1. Always make sure that you have implemented Canonical Tags " rel=canonical tag" in all kinds of duplicate versions in your site.
2. If your website has any 400 errors (page not found issues) or 500 errors (server issues), fix these response code issues as soon as possible. Optimize 404 error pages (page not found issues) with permanent 301 redirects or use navigational options.
3. Regularly monitor your website for content related issues like duplicates, Long/Short Meta tags, missing of ALT attributes etc.
5. Improve Visitors engagement on website by improving content visibility with a proper internal links structure.
6. Use Anchor texts on landing pages and link to relevant page content.
7. Avoid building too many links outgoing from one page.
8. Speed up website content, make sure its load time to be less than 3 sec for effective SEO.