Plastic wrap behaver simulation

Hi all, I’m trying to create a simulation that mimic the behaver of a stretched plastic wrap. When stretching a plastic wrap, a wrinkling, wave like, marks appear. I created a simulation in which a thin elastic sheet, made from polyethylene, is been stretched. I expected the sheet to react the same as the plastic wrap but it didn’t, the sheet just stretched without wrinkling marks (I tried different displacement lengths). I used both Static Structural and Transient Structural system and the material was program defined. By the way, may next step will be to add a jelly like material, beneath the sheet, connect them with “Bonded” connection and see the reaction of the jelly to the sheet. So if anyone have any suggestions to create such simulation, I would love to hear them.


0 Answer
0 Answer
Ansys

Didn't get the answer.
Contact people of Talent-Ansys directly by clicking here