Statements, Assumptions, Arguments and Conclusions

Statement: "Please put more people on the job to make up for the delay." Assumptions: (I) Delay is inevitable in most jobs. (II) Output will increase with more number of people on the job. A. Only assumption I is implicit B. Only assumption II is implicit C. Either I or II is implicit D. Neither I nor II is implicit E. Both I and II are implicit


3 Answers
1-3 of  3
3 Answers
  • If any question comes with a statement we get assumptions also then we argue in groups at last we   come with conclusion so the answer is E

  • Here (1) assumption contradicts the statement. so B is answer.

  • . Only assumption II is implicit.
    Here, Only assumption II is implicit. Before going to the answer first of all the meaning of implicit must be clear and which is “suggested though not directly expressed”.
    Above type of questions come with 6 options which are :
    A. Only assumption I is implicit.
    B. Only assumption II is implicit.
    C. Either I or II is implicit
    D. Neither I nor II is implicit
    E. Both I and II are implicit
    Here in above asked question answer is B option because The statement tells to 'make up for the delay' showing that no delay is to be done in any case in the job. So, Assumption I is not implicit. Since increase in number of people will make up for the delay, it means the output will increase as the more number of people join to complete the job. So, Assumption II is implicit.

Logical Reasoning

Didn't get the answer.
Contact people of Talent-Logical Reasoning directly by clicking here